A C Lloyd (Builders) Limited recognises that the Construction industry has a fundamental impact in the development and maintenance of our society and that construction affects environmental issues at both local, national and international levels.
To reduce our environmental impact we endeavour to ensure that the environment is at the forefront of our project planning and execution. As an organisation, we pledge the following:
- Compliance with all relevant legislation, industry best practice and contract conditions relating to environmental matters and our commitment to the prevention of pollution, the enhancement of the natural and built environment and to the continual improvement of our environmental systems
- Working with local communities to minimise disruptive and damaging effects of our operations and seeking to implement ways in which environmental benefits may be achieved from the project
- Reducing our use of energy and natural resources, encouraging the use of alternative materials/processes and use of recycled materials, reducing waste, reducing carbon emissions, reducing water consumption and improving recycling
- Ensuring that environmental matters are relayed to those who work for the company (direct employees and supply chain), Customers and their supply chain. Endeavours to improve environmental awareness include training, tool box talks and other appropriate methods
- Recording and monitoring of our environmental performance
- Incorporation of environmental issues in our Risk Assessment procedures
Every activity and every person has an environmental mission; to identify their effect and reduce the impact
The policies, system and build procedures laid down in our Environmental Management System meet the requirements of the International Standard BS EN ISO 14001:2004.
The success of our business requires that we reduce environmental impact in all that we do at all levels of the Company.
The aim of the Environmental Management System is to involve every employee from every department and all activities.
We are committed to continually improving the effectiveness of our Environmental Management System by the regular review of our Environmental Objectives